Tuition and Attendance:
- For all new and returning students, a $35 deposit is required for yearly registration.
- OID tuition is due in full at the 1st of the month. Tuition not paid by the 15th of the month will be subject to a late fee & will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.
- Please make sure that if you do not check the auto pay option in Studio Director that you check your account regularly to keep on top of payments at www.thestudiodirector.com/osheairishdance/register.jsp
- Deposits and fees are non-refundable and non-transferable once the session has begun.
- Tuition rates are averaged monthly over the 12 month calendar.
- Regardless of the number of classes in the month, or attendance in those classes, this averaged monthly payment is due to OID classes as a membership. This increases according to the number of classes taken per week.
- Instructors may be substituted at any time. If there are classes missed due to instructor unavailability, a make-up class will be offered to those students affected.
- O’Shea Irish Dance, LLC reserves the right to cancel a class if enrolment is fewer than 8 students.
- Please arrive prior to your class, ready to participate (shoes on and tied, hair up and out of the face). When your class is finished, please clear the studio promptly, to allow others to begin their classes. Parent check-ins are welcome briefly; email is encouraged.
- Your are responsible for any children/dependents outside of the immediate classroom.
- Please treat our facility as you would a friend’s home… Replace toys, throw away food, leave library books and respect our residents regarding their space and noise.
- Your child’s class time is precious – please allow time for restroom breaks before or after class only! We try to limit bathroom breaks during class time as much as possible.
- If you are a student of 2 or more weekly classes, and as a result of other sports activities, long-term injuries or family issues, you need a “sabbatical,” please contact the office.
- This option will be valid only once a session.
- We must receive the dates in writing.
- All students must provide full registration information signed by a legal guardian.
- All students/guardians must sign a Release and Indemnification form upon registering, with initials for a medical and photo release approval.
- By registering you agree that you have read and will abide by our policies and procedures.
- Placement is determined by the instructors, with the needs of the class as a whole and also the needs of each individual student in mind. Students are placed and advanced due to their ability & progression, not by time spent in a class.
- If a student is not meeting the level of the class, they may be moved to a program more suited to their pace and ability.
- We reserve the right to remove any student from a class and to recommend an alternative.
- O’Shea Irish Dance, LLC is not responsible for injuries sustained during classes, performances, or feiseanna (competitions).
- O’Shea Irish Dance, LLC does not discriminate in enrolment on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin or sexual orientation.
- All Classes: Close-fit, flexible clothes to move in, such as dance pants & leotards, athletic shorts & non-baggy t-shirts, or sweat pants & zip-up top will be appropriate. Layers are encouraged to warm up.
- No excessive jewellery, no jeans, no pants longer than ankle length and no long skirts are appropriate for this activity.
- Hair tied up and back is encouraged – we like to see both their faces & alignment.
- Primary I and up: Irish pumps, appropriately fit to the student. Irish on Grand will come to the Junction in mid October to fit students.
- Primary II and above: Hard shoes, appropriately fitted as directed by the instructors: FITTING GUIDELINE: No more than a half inch for growth. Loose shoes don’t allow the students control and will cause blisters as they slip.
- ALL! We recommend ALL students to bring a water bottle, as we will work hard, and wish everyone to stay hydrated!
Parental Observation and Visitors:
Family are welcome in the first class upon registration with our school as an introduction, and periodically at the end of the first class of each month. During classes, parents may enjoy the lobby area and pick up their student from the studio door when class is done.We may have potential students and families visiting to see if O’Shea Irish Dance might be a good fit for them. They will be allowed to observe in a way that is respectful of our students and teachers and they will be asked to refrain from talking during or distracting from our class time.
The safety and well-being of you and your family are of great concern to us at O’Shea Irish Dance. We encourage you to help us in making everyone’s experience enjoyable by reviewing some safety and behavioural concerns with your children.
- O’Shea Irish Dance, LLC is not responsible for students once they leave the classroom. Students under 12 must be accompanied by a known adult when leaving. Guardians will be asked to supply names of family/friends allowed to pick up their students. If you are going to be late, your child can wait in the classroom and watch until you come.
- Please secure all personal items. Purses, wallets, school bags and dance bags may be brought into the studio during class. O’Shea Irish Dance, LLC & The Celtic Junction, LLC are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost and found is in the lobby.
- Phones, games or electronic devices are NOT allowed to be used in the classroom.
- Hallways and Lobby areas are to be kept free from obstacles as they are fire escape passages. It is illegal to cause obstruction.
- Only water is allowed in the studio. You must clean up after yourself, and please recycle. No gum, pop or damaging shoes are allowed in studio spaces.
- Respect the space. To avoid injury, no hanging on the barres in the studio, running in the hallways or lobby, or kicking/touching the mirrors.
- Discipline, decorum and respect in and out of the classroom are essential for student progress and development . All students and families must show courtesy and respect for fellow students and families, staff members and artists involved with O’Shea Irish Dance, and for all other members and organizations relating to The Celtic Junction. All students and families are expected to conduct themselves with respect in class, at all performances, and at Feiseanna.
- Within class, treat it as a school. Maintain quiet conversation in the hallways and lobby and do not disturb other classes. Raise your hand to ask questions, refrain from distracting other students and follow directions.
We reserve the right to direct any student not following these safety or behavioural guidelines to the following disciplinary procedures:
1. First warning. We will ask the student to correct the situation.
2. Second warning. We will ask the student to sit down and watch quietly, and we will contact guardian regarding behaviour.
3. Final warning. We will remove the student from the remainder of the class and place them under a guardian’s care.
**Removal from school: If behaviour continues to be an issue, we reserve the right to drop enrollment and recommend the student and guardian seek another school or activity more suited to their needs.
OID Policies & Conditions:
- The steps and choreography taught at OID are the intellectual property of O’Shea Irish Dance. No part of these steps may be used or adapted without express written permission of Cormac O’Se, with the exception of the published, public, traditional set dances and ceili dances.
- The OID costumes may be used ONLY for O’Shea Irish Dance events including, but not limited to: registered CLRG feiseanna; OID performances (IMDA St. Pat’s Day, MN Irish Fair, other public exhibitions with OID); or pre-approved school talent shows, benefits or any other public showings.
- All students enrolling in O’Shea Irish Dance must disclose any previous involvement with another school or dance organization. Students 18 and under may not belong to or participate in another Irish/Celtic related performance or competition dance organization while enrolled with OID unless disclosed to and approved by Cormac O’Sé.
- Dancers wishing to transfer from another TCRG registered school must first receive approval from Cormac O’Sé, Director & T.C.R.G. If accepted, they must sign a transfer agreement, complete full registration process, and end any participation with the previous school immediately upon enrolling at OID.
- Adult students not actively competing may participate in other performance related organizations but must disclose involvement with any other organization. Again, no steps or choreography, as the intellectual property of O’Shea Irish Dance may be used in any way in practice or performance with any other organization.
- The studios at The Celtic Junction are to be used only by registered OID students for OID related purposes, unless they are rented or contracted out by another organization, for their own purposes.
- The Celtic Junction dance studios are available for student practice on weekends unless an outside organization has already rented the facilities. If you would like to book studio time or check availability, please text Matt at (612) 722-7000. The cost of the studio is $5 per dancer, per hour. Cash can be left in the payment box situated to the right of The Celtic Junction office door in the main lobby.
Any breach in these policies & conditions will result in disciplinary action and/or permanent removal from the school.
We wish for everyone’s time here to be full of fun and learning. These rules and requests allow for everyone to have that opportunity, and to maintain respect between all parties.
Cormac O’Se and Natalie O’Shea,
O’Shea Irish Dance, LLC